From the book of Genesis:
In the beginning God created the heavens and the
And God said, "Let there be light," and there was
Then God said, "let the land produce vegetation
and living creatures, ... the water teem with living creatures, ...
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, ..."
Modern science clarified the details of these events as
The four creations that we know about:
1- God created the universe - physics, matter and energy
- 13.6 billion years - The big bang launched the universe,
virtually from nothing. The universe evolved according to the laws
of nature (physics) ever since.
2- The stars created chemistry - the
elements in the periodic table
- Through billions of
years of nuclear fusion (combining simple elements into complex
ones) stars created chemistry. All the
complex elements of the periodic table were born from the basic
element of Hydrogen.
- 4.6 billion years - formation of the solar system centered
Sun (an average sized star), including our planet
Earth from the collapse of a giant molecular cloud, in an
unremarkable location of the Milky Way galaxy.
3- The earth
created biology - life
- 3.8 billion years - the earliest cellular level life form/organic matter appears
- 3.5 billion years - photosynthesis capable bacteria, starts
- 2.5 billion years - first microscopic organisms to utilize
- 600 million years - first multi-cellular beings appear
- 500 million years - first vertebrates appear
- (240 million years - dinosaurs appear - not in our line of
- 220 million years - small mammals appear
- 125 million years - placental mammals appear
- 65 million years - large mammals including primates appear,
most likely expedited by the extinction of the dinosaurs
- 7 million years - first hominids appear, genetic separation with
- 3 million years - first full bipedal hominids (Lucy) appear in
the Rift Valley of Africa
- 2 million years - Homo Erectus appear in the Great Rift Valley .
Human like: taller (6 feet), slimmer, significantly bigger brain at
900 cc (chimps & Lucy at 400 cc). First use of stone tools and
weapons, hunting large mammals, first use of controlled fire. Leaves
East Africa and spreads throughout Eurasia, survive until 50,000
years ago in pockets in East Asia.
- 200 thousand years - homo sapiens appear in East Africa,
characterized with a larger brain (1,400 cc)
- 150 thousand years - Mitochondrial Eve in East Africa, most recent common
- 60 thousand years - Y-chromosomal Adam in East Africa, most recent common male
ancestor. Homo sapiens leave Eastern Africa, all non-Africans carry the M168 mutation.
Estimated number of homo sapiens is ten thousands (what fits in a
small town today!).
4- Man created intellect - technology,
science, art, religion, etc.
- 30 thousand years - Paintings in the caves of France and Spain
- 13 thousand years - the J haplogroup (M304 mutation ) immerges in the Middle
East/Fertile Crescent and its members initiate farming by
domesticating plants and animals, which leads to the social
evolution from nomadic hunter-gatherers into settled
agriculturalists, which in turn leads to the first civilizations.
- 5500 years - first large civilizations in Mesopotamia and Egypt,
first writing systems, invention of the wheel, first organized
- 3900 years - Abraham's time and the start of monotheism
- 3500 years - the Phoenicians immerge along the eastern
Mediterranean coast and excel at ship building, sea faring,
settlement development and trade
throughout the Mediterranean. They invent the linear alphabet, a
profound innovation that was adopted by the Greeks and the Hebrews.
They established the first world-economy surrounded by empires.
Recent studies show that they belong to the J2 haplogroup (M172
mutation), a descendent of
- 2000 years - Jesus' teaching of love and forgiveness ushers the
Christian faith which is now adopted by more than two billion people
- Fifth century AD - Saint Maroun, the patron saint of the
eastern Maronite Catholics, lives in the coastal mountains of Syria during
the Byzantine era
- Seventh century AD - the Maronites take refuge in the mountains
of Lebanon. Presently they number about one million in Lebanon, and
a diaspora.of several million including several well known people
such as the wealthiest person in the world, Carlos Slim, who is of Maronite Lebanese parents.
His last name is a morph of his
father's first name: Salim.
- Sixteenth century AD - Lebanon falls under Ottoman rule
- around 1820 - Nimr AbouEzzi, a Maronite Lebanese, seems to be
the first to adopt
the AbouEzzi last name and settles Kherbit-Qanafar in the Bekaa valley of Lebanon.
Kherbit (even in Arabic) means "the ruins of". Qanafar has Greek
roots and is derived from "light house". Legend says that there was
an old town with a light house on its hills to guide travellers in
the Bekaa valley, which since has been ruined.
- 1910 - Michel Salim AbiEzzi is born in Kherbit-Qanafar
and ends up with the "AbiEzzi" variation of the last name due to a
typo on his ID card.
- 1920 - Lebanon and Syria are placed under a French mandate
- 1943 - modern Lebanon is born, independence from French colonial rule
- 1970 - Joseph Michel AbiEzzi is Michel's son and the first
AbiEzzi to immigrate to the USA. He studied Mechanical Engineering at the University
of Mass. in Lowell. He paved the way for his nephews, siblings and their families to
follow upon the civil war in Lebanon in the eighties and nineties.
- 1977 - Michel Antoine AbouEzzi is the first of the grandchildren
to start university education in the USA. Completed a Master's
degree from MIT with focus on solar energy, made grandpa proud!
- 1980 - Salim Samir AbiEzzi,
Michel's second oldest grandson,
joined his cousins Michel and Amal for university studies. His DNA testing later on indicated
the J2 haplogroup and hence Phoenician ancestry.
- 2002 - Andrew AbiEzzi is born, following his sisters Ashley &
Sophia, to proud parents
Laurie and Salim in the Seattle area of
Washington state. He is among a whole new generation of AbiEzzis
and AbouEzzis who are born in the USA. Thus in a few decades a whole
family lineage immigrates to the new world after thousands of years
of localized living in the Middle East. Starting in East Africa, Middle East and
now North America; the journey of man continues!